Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The wearing of the green...

I've got a new little petite (no name yet, I bought her strictly for customizing) and I'm dying her hair green...


Please if you can try to ignore my cluttered kitchen. : )

I used the same technique here with the petite's hair that I do with full size Blythes which is as follows...

"Wash the hair first. Use just enough water to submerge the scalp in. Add a pinch of salt, a little laundry detergent and the RIT package. Stir it while it heats up and, when it comes to a good, roiling boil let it sit for another minute or so. If it starts to bubble up, just keep blowing on it.

Then dunk/swirl the hair around until you get the color you want. If you need to, you can heat the water back up on the stove. Rinse until the water runs clear and then wash the hair with dish soap to get all of the excess color out."

These instructions for hair dying were given to me ages ago by a helpful This is Blythe forum member who's name I've long since forgotton, but if you are the one who helped me out and you see this post give me a shout and I'll credit the technique to you straight away. : )

Now when I did this to Wren's hair I removed her scalp entirely so there was no chance of the doll's head getting stained, and for those who don't want to remove the scalp, I understand that a lot of people tape off the doll's "skin" or wrap the doll in Seran wrap before dying the hair to keep the dye off the body. But in the case of this petite I simply dunked her hair in and gently swirled her about in the dye while letting the color wick it's way up to the scalp. It seems to have taken quite well but we shall see...

In the meanwhile...


...a little something to groom her bangs back into place. I have no headband for her of course, but this little fruit band seems to be doing the trick. I'll give an update on how she looks when her hair drys out.

No comments:

Post a Comment