Translate

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Bee for Wren...

Finally found the perfect bee charm for wren.



It is now affixed to the back of her Celtic knot charm. I'd been looking for a bee for her ever since I'd finished her and took her outside for her first photo shoot (see older pics). A great big bee sat right on her nose and wouldn't move for several minutes!


She looks a bit frazzled here but I can hardly blame her. Well if some naming ceremony stories are to be believed then when the baby is first brought out of the hut, the first animal it encounters is what its named for to commemorate the event. So the charm finally helps commemorate that. And who knows, since Wren will be one of the girls I'm taking to Hawaii with me ( I haven't chosen the other girl yet) I may just find out what the Hawaiian for bee is and give her a second name or a surname : )

No comments:

Post a Comment