Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A bit of Aloha

It's always fun when you come up with new things you can do with a pattern, and in that spirit I present... Hawaiian shirts : )

 

The pattern of course is the collared shirt pattern available on puchicollective. The only difference here is that after I printed the pattern out to the proper size I snipped a half inch off both the arms, making it the perfect sleeve length for a little Hawaiian shirt.

Now obviously there's a lot you can do with this, and of course a great deal of the Hawaiian look of the shirt is due to the fabric itself. Here I have Cheri and Moonyeen in some very striking red and white prints. But you can also try for a more subtle look...





Here's Moonyeen again (this time with blond hair) in a little green floral print, and Wren in a pretty blue fabric.


And getting away from shirts for a bit, I even made a little something for Betts...





Still in the same bold red print as Moonyeen's shirt but this time using the lovely Aloha dress pattern by xoxo, Blythe. Can you tell I've got Hawaii on the brain?  I'm going to be heading there next month : )

I've had a lot of fun with these patterns, much, much thanks going out to their creators! I'll definitely be experimenting more with Hawaiian shirts... they sew up pretty quickly and are such fun to do. I think little brown polymer clay "coconut shell" buttons would bake up in the oven quickly and make just the right finishing touch.

I'm dying to find a nice Holoku patten that would fit Blythe, but I'm so particular about how I want it to look I might just have to come up with my own. Still the search goes on : )

No comments:

Post a Comment