Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Betts


Betts (short for Betty of course) started life as a very damaged Candy Carnival. She was my very first Blythe doll... I guess I always intended to try some customizing and I was far too green (and scared witless) to try experimenting with a perfectly sound dolly. Her previous owner decided to try a little lip carving.... with some truly frightening results. Being new to the whole customizing procedure I really had no idea what to do with this sad little girl. Over time and after several less than stellar attempts I made a polymer mold from another SBL's lips and finally managed to reform her lips perfectly.... but... um... as you can see I couldn't leave well enough alone. I'd always felt right from the get go that Blythe had a Betty Boopesk quality about her so while looking at some pictures of the cartoon legend I reshaped the lips to match.






Getting her hair to take spitcurls was an interesting trial in and of itself (and takes some upkeep let me tell you) but I like the result.



She's got a number of different bodies that I switch her around on to get the most versatility of posing.






I'd say she's probably the most extreme custom I've done. She's my first Blythe, and I cant imagine ever giving her up.




No comments:

Post a Comment