Translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Petite Experiment

A little examination of those wooden 3D puzzles that they sell at Micheals (I work there so these are really easy for me to find). It looked right from the start like the chairs would fit my girls perfectly but the rest... well there was just no way to tell with the sheets all bound up in the package like that. So I bought one (they're only $5 anyway and I get an employee discount). My girls were skeptical at first...






but they got into it as I went along. I've never really done these 3D puzzles and they actually are quite fun. I did the chairs up first as those looked like they would be the most successful fit of all the goodies in the set.




Oh dear, I didn't intend for this to get indecent (no, actually I just had to get Cookie here out of that damn rubber dress in order for her to sit down). The chairs all seem to fit quite well and the tables, though small, do work with my petites. In fact it looks as though they could play cards on them. Hmmmm... I'll have to see if I can make little playing cards for them now.





Overall the set is pretty good. There are some items that are meant for a baby that are obviously tiny. But all the tables and chairs are perfect (I think). The kitchen sink/cupboard/stove combo, book shelves, and wardrobe are somewhat small but passable, it's more a height issue than anything else and raised up a half an inch they would be perfect. Same goes for the bathroom items (except the tub which I'll explain later). I don't know why but the tiny little toilet is just adorable to me. The piano is a might small but workable (as it's an upright and was never meant to be that huge anyway). And now for the things that didn't work, the vanity -- the mirror is just too small, a larger real mirror could be glued over the existing one and it might be just fine. Come to think of it, it would probably be better with a real mirror anyway. The beds are just way too small. And I don't think there's anyway to make them work. But the tub was the worst fit of all... only if you have need of a sci fi torture device for your petites would I recommend the tub.

Overall though, it's a nice set, a good number of the pieces will work for my petite girls and those that don't can be altered a bit so they do. I'll post more pics of the furniture in use after I've painted and spruced them up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment