Translate

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My AG Girl

I decided that two Madam Alexander dolls weren't necessary and I decided to let one of them go in favor of getting and American Girl doll. I know, I said they weren't really my thing, but in the course of making clothing for 18" dolls and researching the various types out there, I'm afraid I got rather attached. I started looking for a AG girl, and while up late one night I found her...



The seller said in the listing that she'd been washed in a washing machine and suggested that the buyer could have the head replaced. The price was good and I was hopeful that the doll was as good as she looked in the pictures. My biggest concern was that there might be damage to the eyes. I'd read that AG eyes that had gotten wet could turn black or go crystal looking if the iris color separated from the lens. I looked up lots of videos on how to repair the eyes if that was the case, but when she arrived I found that her pretty brown eyes were perfect (thank goodness, I'd seen so many vids of dolls getting their eyes popped out, I wasn't looking forward to having to do the same).

So after a new wig and a modest bit of painting, meet Natalie...



I can't wait to come up for some new clothes for her :D

No comments:

Post a Comment