Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2016

For Christmas... mini Blythes!

Decided to fool around with some Click Chicks (those little puzzle dolls you get from gumball machines for about 50 cents) and created some mini Blythes for my girls, I tried to give them that Junie Moon flair, I think they are rather cute. They were pretty time consuming to make (so... so tiny...) but well worth it. I think they are awfully cute, and my gals seem to enjoy them too :D If anyone is wanting to make there own...


A single piece of scrap booking paper (about 79 cents at Joann's) Made about 4 little Blythe like boxes and backer paper for the little dolls. The pattern is from Dr Blythenstien and can be found HERE I did a bit of adjusting so that they would be a good fit for the Click Chicks, use your own best judgement there.


I baked them in the oven with new hair (I got rid of the hair back plate on one, and covered it over with polymer on the other two) and baked a bit of hair and clothing on them. When done, I did a bit of sanding, a little more embellishment, sealed the little girls, and viola!


And yes, the eyes are intentionally a bit Junie Moon (love those little release drawings). Just remember to bake them at low temp (you don't want a melted doll) and have fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment